Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 850 hours ONLINE
Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 850 hours With Online Modules
The Yoga Therapy Institute’s Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 850-hours (formerly 800-hours) is the first Yoga Therapy training programme in Europe accredited by The International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
WHAT TO EXPECT
In this Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 850-hours we offer:
- A wide range of online modules with:
- Secure, live Zoom lectures
- Case study presentations
- Students group work
- Pre-recorded videos and audio files
- Written student manuals and lecture materials
- Student home practices with group discussions
- A supportive and committed international community!
- Extensive knowledge and training in the practical skills of Yoga Therapy, allowing our graduates to work in a safe, compassionate and effective manner with clients suffering from a wide range of health issues.
- A unique combination of biomedical and yoga studies, introducing our students to the application of Yoga Therapy knowledge and skills specific to health conditions such as cardiovascular, respiratory and digestive issues, musculoskeletal injuries and immune system imbalances, amongst many others.
- Introduction to real-life case studies throughout the whole programme, a unique feature that differentiates this course from other Yoga Therapy courses. This is made possible due to the extensive experience of our teachers.
- Dynamic daily online classes with a combination of live Zoom lectures, presentations, case study practices in groups, pre-recorded videos, audio recordings and home study work.
- Personalised mentorship and student support to meet the needs of our Yoga Therapy trainees during case study work. Students will be able to discuss their client work and case studies with their mentor, during our case study days.
- A challenging, fun environment. Learning is easier when students are relaxed and feel safe. Our standards are high, but we warmly welcome and encourage everyone.
- Guidance and professional advice on the final project at the end of the programme, in specific areas of interest.
- This 850-hours Diploma is officially accredited by the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT). We are the first school in Europe offering a Yoga Therapy Programme that is internationally recognised.
- *Please note, in response to Covid 19, the IAYT is allowing accredited programmes to host all modules online until December 31st 2022. Although guidelines for 2023 are still being discussed, the IAYT cannot guarantee a completion of the program fully online and students may be required to attend a part of the course in person. An update will be available early 2022. This does not affect our 550-hour certification.
The Yoga Therapy Diploma 850-Hours programme 2021
All students who wish to obtain their Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 850-Hours need to complete the following programme:
*Please check each module to see which ones are hosted online
- Yoga Therapy Foundation Course 100-Hours
o Yoga Therapy Foundation Course 100-Hours Week 1
o Yoga Therapy Foundation Course 100-Hours Week 2
- Safety in Yoga Nidra and Relaxation for Yoga Therapy 14 hours
- Yoga Therapy Applications of Asana, Pranayama & Restorative Yoga 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal issues & Low Back Pain Clinic 100 hours
o Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal Issues & Lower Back Pain? 50-Hours Week 1
o Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal Issues & Lower Back Pain? 50-Hours Week 2
- Yoga Therapy for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Health Issues 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for the Nervous System, Degenerative Disease & Pain Clinic 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Digestive issues: The Gut Link 42 hours
- Yoga Therapy for the Reproductive System, Family Dynamics & the Ageing Process 42 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Endocrine & Immune Systems Disorders 42 hours
- Ayurvedic Healing & Yoga Therapy with Coen van der Kroon & Liese Van Dam 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Cancer Patients & People Affected by Cancer * 50 hours
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Therapy with Esther van der Sande 35 hours
- Applied Somatic Counselling Skills for Yoga Therapists with Esther van der Sande 35 hours
- Practice Delivery, Preparation & Mentorship Documentation – 3 days * 15 hours
- Ethical, Legal & Business Principles for Yoga Therapy – Distance Learning 17 hours
- Final Assessment & Examination (dates to be arranged with each individual student)
Yoga Therapy Practice
Students are required to do 162 hours of documented practice, as the leading Yoga Therapist in individual or small-group classes, mentored by The Yoga Therapy Institute.
This programme also includes 16 hours of professional mentorship.
Module Assessments and Examinations
Upon completion of each biomedical module, students are required to complete their relevant homework assignments and written end-of-module test.
Students will also be required to complete three case studies, with real clients, per module, following The Yoga Therapy Institute’s protocol for case study presentation and The IAYT’s professional principles of Yoga Therapy.
At the end of this 850-Hours course, students will be able to demonstrate their skills and abilities as Yoga Therapists during a pre-arranged final assessment, with a real-life case study.
How long does it take?
15 modules + final assessment +162 hours of documented case study practice (which can take up to 6 months after the completion of all the modules).
The Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 850-Hours takes a minimum of two years plus the time that it takes to finalise the 162 hours of documented work with your own students/clients, as the leading Yoga Therapist.
How long you take to complete this course depends on you – the time you have available, your circumstances and how you can integrate your studies into your professional and family life.
At The Yoga Therapy Institute, we understand that there are practical reasons why you might miss some modules or take longer to finish your studies. Please keep us informed of any changes in your agenda, so that we can come up with solutions to help you manage your studies within a reasonable time frame.
The Programme Director, Montserrat G Mukherjee, is a IAYT-Certified Yoga Therapist with 20 years of experience.
*Prices for 2021
- Yoga Therapy Foundation 100-Hours 1200 euros
- Safety in Yoga Nidra and Relaxation for Yoga Therapy Weekend 350 euros
- Yoga Therapy Applications of Asana, Pranayama & Restorative Yoga 750 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal Issues & Low Back Pain 1200 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Issues 700 euros
- Yoga Therapy for the Nervous System, Degenerative Disease & Pain Clinic700 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Digestive Issues & The Gut Link 600 euros
- Yoga Therapy for the Reproductive System, Family Dynamics & the Ageing Process 600 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Endocrine & Immune System Disorders 600 euros
- Ayurvedic Healing & Yoga Therapy with Coen van der Kroon & Liese van Dam750 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Cancer Patients & People Affected by Cancer 700 euros
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Therapy with Esther van der Sande 600 euros
- Applied Somatic Counselling Skills for Yoga Therapists with Esther van der Sande 600 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Cancer Patients & People Affected by Cancer700 euros
- Practice Delivery Preparation & Mentorship Documentation 300 euros
- Ethical, Legal & Business Principles for Yoga Therapy150 euros
- Final Assessment, Mentorship & Diploma 300 euros
In addition: 162 hours of case studies in which the student is the leading Yoga Therapist, at the student’s own location.
Prices include: Case study mentorship, student support services, preparation, seven end-of-module tests and professional guidance throughout the programme, with year-around access to teachers for questions and Yoga Therapy-related work.
*Total price 10.100 euros
All modules exclude 9% VAT except “Ethical Principles” which has an added 21% VAT.
*All prices are subject to change.
We like to offer our students easy ways to apply and pay for these courses. Learn about the different payment options that you can choose at Registration and payment terms
email Kaz Little at [email protected]
European Tax Invoices:
Registered companies outside of the Netherlands and within the European Community may request a tax-free invoice.
*A note on IAYT accreditation
Since May the 30th, 2019, our Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 850-Hours has been granted international accreditation from the International Association of Yoga Therapists ( IAYT).
This is currently the only IAYT-Certified Yoga Therapy Diploma in Europe.
Those students who complete this diploma, in accordance with The Yoga Therapy Institute’s requirements, can become IAYT-Certified Yoga Therapists via the IAYT application system.
The IAYT is currently the most respected Yoga Therapy accreditation programme in the world and The Yoga Therapy Institute shares the same high standards, vision and philosophy.
*For students based in the US, we recommend our Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 850-Hours, which is recognised by the IAYT and accepted by some US medical insurance companies. (Check your local regulation).
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to The Yoga Therapy Institute!
© 2021 The Yoga Therapy Institute