Yoga Therapy Diploma 850 hours ONLINE
Yoga Therapy 850-hour Diploma – With Online Modules
The Yoga Therapy Institute’s Yoga Therapy Diploma 850-hour (formerly 800-hour) is the first Yoga Therapy training programme in Europe accredited by The International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
LEARNING OBJECTIVES OF THIS COURSE
In this Yoga Therapy Diploma 850-hour we offer:
- A wide range of online modules with:
- Secure, live Zoom lectures
- Case study presentations
- Students group work
- Pre-recorded videos and audio files
- Written student manuals and lecture materials
- Student home practices with group discussions
- A supportive and committed international community!
- Extensive knowledge and training in the practical skills of Yoga Therapy, allowing our graduates to work in a safe, compassionate and effective manner with clients suffering from a wide range of health issues.
- A unique combination of biomedical and yoga studies, introducing our students to the application of Yoga Therapy knowledge and skills specific to health issues such as cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, musculoskeletal injuries and immune system imbalances, amongst many others.
- Introduction to real-life case studies throughout the whole course, a unique feature that differentiates this course from other Yoga Therapy courses. This is made possible due to the extensive experience of our teachers.
- Dynamic daily online classes with a combination of live Zoom lectures, presentations, case study practices in groups, pre-recorded videos, audio recordings and home study work.
- Personalised mentorship and student support to meet the needs of our Yoga Therapy trainees during case study work. Students will be able to discuss their client work and case studies with their mentor, during our case study days.
- A challenging, fun environment. Learning is easier when students are relaxed and feel safe. Our standards are high, but we warmly welcome and encourage everyone.
- Guidance and professional advice on the final project at the end of the programme, in specific areas of interest.
- This 850-hour Diploma is officially accredited by the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT). We are the first school in Europe offering a Yoga Therapy Programme that is internationally recognised.
The Yoga Therapy Diploma 850-hour programme 2021
All students who wish to obtain their Yoga Therapy Diploma 850-hour need to complete the following programme:
*Please check each module to see which ones are hosted online
- Yoga Therapy Foundation 100 hours
- Yoga Therapy Applications of Asana, Pranayama & Restorative Yoga 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal issues & Low Back Pain Clinic 100 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Health Issues 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for the Nervous System, Degenerative Disease & Pain Clinic 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Digestive issues: The Gut Link 42 hours
- Safety in Yoga Nidra and Relaxation for Yoga Therapy 14 hours
- Yoga Therapy for the Reproductive System, Family & the Ageing Process 42 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Endocrine and Immune Systems 42 hours
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Therapy Workshop 35 hours
- Applied Somatic Counselling Skills for Yoga Therapists 35 hours
- Ayurveda & Yoga Therapy with Coen van der Kroon & Liese Van Dam 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for people affected by Cancer * 50 hours
- Ethical, Legal & Business Principles for Yoga Therapy – Distance Learning 17 hours
- Practice Delivery, Preparation and Mentorship Documentation – 3 days * 15 hours
- Final Assessment & Examination (dates to be arranged with each individual student)
Yoga Therapy Practice
Students are required to do 162 hours of documented practice, as the leading yoga therapist in individual or small-group classes, mentored by The Yoga Therapy Institute.
This course also includes 16 hours of professional mentorship.
Module Assessments and Examinations
Upon completion of each biomedical module, students are required to complete their relevant homework assignments and written examinations.
Students will also be required to complete three case studies, with real clients, per module, following The Yoga Therapy Institute’s protocol for case study presentation and The IAYT’s professional principles of Yoga Therapy.
At the end of this 850-hour course, students will be able to demonstrate their skills and abilities as Yoga Therapists during a pre-arranged examination, with a real-life case study.
How long does it take?
15 modules + final assessment +162 hours of documented case study practice (which can take up to 6 months after the completion of all the modules).
The Yoga Therapy Diploma 850-hour takes a minimum of two years and six months to complete, plus the time that it takes to finalise the 162 hours of documented work with your own students/clients, as the leading Yoga Therapist.
How long you take to complete this course depends on you – the time you have available, your circumstances and how you can integrate your studies into your professional and family life.
At The Yoga Therapy Institute, we understand that there are practical reasons why you might miss some modules or take longer to finish your studies. Please keep us informed of any changes in your course schedule, so that we can come up with solutions to help you manage your studies within a reasonable time frame.
The programme director, Montserrat G Mukherjee, is a certified IAYT Yoga Therapist with 20 years of experience.
*Prices for 2021
- Yoga Therapy Foundation 100-hour 1200 euros
- Safety in Yoga Nidra and Relaxation for Yoga Therapy Weekend 350 euros
- Yoga Therapy Applications of Asana, Pranayama and Restorative Yoga 750 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal injuries & Low Back Pain 1200 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Issues 700 euros
- Yoga Therapy for the Nervous System, Degenerative Disease & Pain Clinic 700 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Digestive Issues & The Gut Link 600 euros
- Yoga Therapy for the Reproductive System, Family & the Ageing Process 600 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Hormonal & Immune Systems 600 euros
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Therapy Workshop 600 euros
- Basic Counselling Skills for Yoga Therapists 600 euros
- Ayurveda Foundation & Yoga Therapy 750 euros
- Yoga Therapy for people affected by Cancer 700 euros
- Practice Delivery, Preparation and Mentorship Documentation 300 euros
- Ethical, Legal & Business Principles for Yoga Therapy 150 euros
- Final examination, individual report and official diploma 300 euros
In addition: 162 hours of case studies in which the student is the leading Yoga Therapist, at the student’s own location.
Prices include: Case study mentorship, student support services, preparation, seven end-of-module examinations and professional guidance throughout the course, with year-around access to teachers for questions and Yoga Therapy-related work.
*Total price 10.100 euros
All modules exclude 9% VAT except “Ethical Principles” which has an added 21% VAT.
*All prices are subject to change.
We like to offer our students easy ways to apply and pay for these courses. Learn about the different payment options that you can choose at Registration and payment terms
email Kaz Little at [email protected]
European Tax Invoices:
Registered companies outside of the Netherlands and within the European Community may request a tax-free invoice.
*A note on IAYT accreditation
Since May the 30th, 2019, our Yoga Therapy 850-hour Diploma has been granted international accreditation from the International Association of Yoga Therapists ( IAYT).
This is currently the only IAYT-accredited Yoga Therapy Diploma in Europe.
Those students who complete this diploma, in accordance with The Yoga Therapy Institute’s requirements, can become IAYT-Certified Yoga Therapists via the IAYT application system.
The IAYT is currently the most respected Yoga Therapy accreditation programme in the world and The Yoga Therapy Institute shares the same high standards, vision and philosophy.
*For students based in the US, we recommend our Yoga Therapy 850-hour Diploma, which is recognised by the IAYT and accepted by some US medical insurance companies. (Check your local regulation).
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to The Yoga Therapy Institute!
© 2021 The Yoga Therapy Institute