Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 850 hours ONLINE & IN PERSON
Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 850 hours With Online Modules
The Yoga Therapy Institute’s Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 850-hours (formerly 800-hours) is the first Yoga Therapy training programme in Europe accredited by the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT).
What to expect
In this Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 850-hours we offer:
- A wide range of online modules with:
- Secure, live Zoom lectures
- Case study presentations
- Students group work
- Pre-recorded videos and audio files
- Written student manuals and lecture materials
- Student home practices with group discussions
- A supportive and committed international community!
- Extensive knowledge and training in the practical skills of Yoga Therapy, allowing our graduates to work in a safe, compassionate and effective manner with clients suffering from a wide range of health issues.
- A unique combination of biomedical and yoga studies, introducing our students to the application of Yoga Therapy knowledge and skills specific to health conditions such as cardiovascular, respiratory and digestive issues, musculoskeletal injuries and immune system imbalances, amongst many others.
- Introduction to real-life case studies throughout the whole programme; a unique feature that differentiates this course from other Yoga Therapy courses. This is made possible due to the extensive experience of our teachers.
- Dynamic daily online classes with a combination of live Zoom lectures, presentations, case study practices in groups, pre-recorded videos, audio recordings and home study work.
- Personalised mentorship and student support to meet the needs of our Yoga Therapy trainees during case study work. Students will be able to discuss their client work and case studies with their mentor, during our case study days.
- A challenging, fun environment. We believe that learning is easier when students are relaxed and feel safe in an inclusive environment.
- Guidance and professional advice on the final project at the end of the programme, in specific areas of interest.
- This 850-hours Diploma is officially accredited by the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT). We are the first school in Europe offering a Yoga Therapy programme that is internationally recognised.
- *Please note, in response to Covid-19 and the current work situation, the IAYT is allowing students who register before the 1st of January 2024 to continue and finalise their 850-hour programme online.
The Yoga Therapy Diploma 850-Hour programme
All students who wish to obtain their Yoga Therapy Diploma 850-hours, need to complete the following modules:
*Click on each each module to see the dates and personalise your own schedule.
- Yoga Therapy Foundation Course 100-Hours
o Yoga Therapy Foundation Course 50-Hours Week 1
o Yoga Therapy Foundation Course 50-Hours Week 2
- Safety in Yoga Nidra & Relaxation for Yoga Therapy 14 hours
- Yoga Therapy Applications of Asana, Pranayama & Restorative Yoga 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal Issues & Lower Back Pain Clinic 100-Hours
o Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal Issues & Lower Back Pain Clinic 50-Hours Week 1
o Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal Issues & Lower Back Pain Clinic 50-Hours Week 2
- Yoga Therapy for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Health Issues 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for the Nervous System, Degenerative Disease & Pain Clinic 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Digestive Issues: The Gut Link 42 hours
- Yoga Therapy for the Reproductive System, Family Dynamics & the Ageing Process 42 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Endocrine & Immune System Disorders 42 hours
- Ayurvedic Healing & Yoga Therapy with Coen van der Kroon & Liese Van Dam 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Cancer Patients & People Affected by Cancer 50 hours
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Therapy with Esther van der Sande 35 hours
- Applied Somatic Counselling Skills for Yoga Therapists with Esther van der Sande 35 hours
- Case Study Peer Group Supervision 15 hours
- Ethical, Legal & Business Principles for Yoga Therapy 17 hours (distance learning)
- Final Evaluation, Mentorship & Official Diploma 850-Hours (dates to be arranged with each individual student)
Yoga Therapy Practice
Students are required to do 147 hours of practice delivery (case studies) as the leading Yoga Therapist, in individual or small-group classes, mentored by The Yoga Therapy Institute.
For safety reasons, students need to attend and pass the relevant tests for 11 modules before they can start working with clients in their case studies. Students are given a whole year to complete their case study work and documentation.
This programme also includes professional mentorship and supervision throughout their case study work.
Module Assessments & Assignments
Upon completion of each biomedical module, students are required to complete their relevant homework assignments and written end-of-module test.
Students will also be required to complete 2 case studies per module, with real clients, following The Yoga Therapy Institute’s protocol for case study presentation and the IAYT’s professional principles of Yoga Therapy.
The 850-hour Diploma course will culminate in a pre-arranged Final Evaluation, to ensure that students are able to demonstrate their skills and abilities as Yoga Therapists, during a real-life case study.
How long does it take?
15 modules + final evaluation + 147 hours of documented case study practice (which can take 1 year after the completion of all the modules).
The IAYT requires that the Yoga Therapy Diploma 850-hours takes a minimum of 2 years to complete.
The maximum time is 4 years, depending on the time you have available, your circumstances and how you integrate your studies into your professional and family life.
At The Yoga Therapy Institute, we understand that there are practical reasons why you might miss some modules or take longer to finish your studies. Please keep us informed of any change in your circumstances, so that we can assist you in managing your studies within a reasonable time frame.
The Programme Director, Montserrat G. Mukherjee, is a IAYT-Certified Yoga Therapist with 20 years of experience.
*All prices listed are in euros.
|No.||Module||Prices for 2022||Prices for 2023|
|1.||Yoga Therapy Foundation Course 100-Hours||1200||1300|
|2.||Safety in Yoga Nidra & Relaxation for Yoga Therapy Weekend||350||400|
|3.||Yoga Therapy Applications of Asana, Pranayama & Restorative Yoga||750||800|
|4.||Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal Issues & Lower Back Pain Clinic 100-Hours||1200||1300|
|5.||Yoga Therapy for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Issues||700||750|
|6.||Yoga Therapy for the Nervous System, Degenerative Disease & Pain Clinic||700||650|
|7.||Yoga Therapy for Digestive Issues & The Gut Link||600||650|
|8.||Yoga Therapy for the Reproductive System, Family Dynamics & the Ageing Process||600||650|
|9.||Yoga Therapy for Endocrine & Immune System Disorders||600||650|
|10.||Ayurvedic Healing & Yoga Therapy with Coen van der Kroon & Liese van Dam||750||800|
|11.||Yoga Therapy for Cancer Patients & People Affected by Cancer||700||750|
|12.||Trauma-Informed Yoga Therapy with Esther van der Sande||600||650|
|13.||Applied Somatic Counselling Skills for Yoga Therapists with Esther van der Sande||600||650|
|14.||Case Study Peer Group Supervision||300||350|
|15.||Ethical, Legal & Business Principles for Yoga Therapy||150||200|
|16.||Final Evaluation, Mentorship & Official Diploma 850 Hours||500||550|
In addition: 147 hours of case studies, in which the student is the leading Yoga Therapist, at the student’s own location.
*All module prices exclude 21% VAT.
*All fees are subject to change.
At The Yoga Therapy Institute, we are aware of the financial challenges that some of our students are currently experiencing. As a result, we have fixed our fees until the end of 2022 and offer personalised payment plans. Learn about the different payment options at Payment Terms. For more information, you can contact our administration department and we will do what we can to help.
*European Tax Invoices:
Registered companies outside of the Netherlands and within the European Community may request a tax-free invoice.
Transfer credits from other IAYT-accredited programmes
Under special circumstances, our IAYT-accredited 850-Hour Yoga Therapy Diploma Course may accept the transfer of credits from other IAYT-accredited programmes.
The criteria for the transfer of credits are as follows:
1. Credits can only be transferred from another IAYT-accredited yoga therapy training programme. Exceptions may be granted with respect to credits obtained from Trauma-Center Trauma-Sensitive Yoga or Academy of Ayurvedic Studies, providing the training hours were equal to or greater than the module hours prescribed in our Academic Performance & Yoga Therapy Skills Requirements.
2. Proof of previous training hours is required for credit transfer to be approved, such as a certificate of attendance or completion.
3. A maximum of 300 hours may be transferred from another yoga therapy training programme. Thus, out of our 850 course hours, a minimum of 550 hours must be completed at The Yoga Therapy Institute.
4. Some of the 850-hour course requirements are not eligible for credit transfer and must always be completed at The Yoga Therapy Institute. Excluded from transferrable credits are:
c. 147 hours of practical case studies (practicum delivery), plus mentorship
d. Final evaluation
5. Any transfer of credits must be approved by the Programme Director in consultation with the relevant faculty members. To assess which previous training hours are eligible for credit transfer, an interview with the Programme Director is required.
6. It is at the school’s discretion to determine that certain parts of a module must be completed for the credit transfer to be approved. For instance, a student may be required to submit and pass the end-of-module test to be exempt from attending a certain module.
For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
*A note on IAYT accreditation
Since May the 30th, 2019, our Yoga Therapy Diploma 850-hours has held international accreditation from the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT), making it the first IAYT-Certified Yoga Therapy Diploma in Europe.
Students who complete this diploma, in accordance with The Yoga Therapy Institute’s requirements, can become IAYT-Certified Yoga Therapists via the IAYT application system.
The IAYT is currently the most respected Yoga Therapy accreditation programme in the world and The Yoga Therapy Institute shares the same high standards, vision and philosophy.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to The Yoga Therapy Institute!
© 2022 The Yoga Therapy Institute