About The Yoga Therapy Institute IAYT accredited school
The Yoga Therapy Institute
The Yoga Therapy Institute is an international, IAYT-accredited school for Yoga Therapy and Yoga Therapy education and training.
The Yoga Therapy Institute was established in 2017 by Montserrat G. Mukherjee, a respected pioneer in the field and one of Europe’s first C-IAYT Yoga Therapists. With over 20 years of hands-on experience, Montserrat has dedicated herself to working with clients from diverse backgrounds facing a wide range of health challenges. Recognising the need for a fresh and innovative approach, she set out on a mission to revolutionise the way we perceive and practice yoga in a therapeutic setting.
From its humble beginnings with just five students, The Yoga Therapy Institute has evolved into an international school with a nurturing space where personal and professional transformations flourish. Alongside the dedicated faculty, Montserrat’s passion for teaching and commitment to fostering an inclusive learning environment have been instrumental to The Yoga Therapy Institute becoming the dynamic and pioneering hub for Yoga Therapy that it is today.
The Yoga Therapy Institute provides highly individualised Yoga Therapy education for yoga professionals and students from diverse fields, including medicine, mental health, corporate, education, and much more. We warmly welcome students from different backgrounds, enriching our classes and creating a vibrant learning environment.
As the leading international Yoga Therapy school, we have successfully reached students from all around the world, united by their passion to make a positive impact through Yoga Therapy.
Our faculty comprises IAYT-certified practicing Yoga Therapists who bring fascinating real-life case studies, combining their extensive knowledge of various Yoga lineages with a contemporary, person-sensitive approach.
Our comprehensive curriculum integrates biomedical knowledge, practical Yoga Therapy tools and trauma-informed counselling skills, equipping future Yoga Therapists with the necessary expertise. We prioritise staying updated with the latest scientific research and innovative practices, ensuring our students receive cutting-edge education in Yoga Therapy.
At The Yoga Therapy Institute, we foster a collaborative, fun, and supportive learning environment, nurturing the development of effective and compassionate Yoga Therapists.
The essence of our Yoga Therapy work is based on a few, solid principles:
- Respect for the person as a whole. Not only someone’s health issues but every aspect of the human being, inspired by the five Koshas and the Eight Limbs of Yoga.
- Knowledge. Good intentions need to be supported by wisdom and knowledge. It is important to acquire an in-depth knowledge of health and disease, human psychology and the social environment.
- Safety. Something that is often missing in yoga practice! Respect and knowledge equal safety, therefore we create the right environment for our clients and students to heal and grow.
- Compassion. We care for our clients and train our students to care for others as well as to practise self-care. A smile, a cup of tea and a warm welcome can already be a contribution to others!
- Trauma Informed. We believe that Yoga Therapy should be trauma informed. Trauma in its various degrees and complexities are part of the human condition and as such, our students are trained to recognise the need for trauma informed practices and referral for their clients.
“At The Yoga Therapy Institute we believe in the healing properties of traditional yoga principles, modern Yoga Therapy, Ayurvedic and conventional medicine, adapted to the individual for their personal needs.”
- To work with those who are in need and who can benefit from the safe practices of Yoga Therapy – regardless of their age, gender, disability, gender identity and social condition.
- To train and educate yoga teachers and medical professionals to become IAYT-certified Yoga Therapists, following the principles of the IAYT and The Yoga Therapy Institute. Promoting the credibility and viability of accredited Yoga Therapy studies as a valuable healing modality.
- To give a voice and offer a safe space to those who feel marginalised or overwhelmed though a variety of physical, emotional, social or health issues.
- To provide a learning platform for advanced Yoga Therapy training and education.
- To continue to develop our courses to accommodate new research findings and innovative practical applications, raising the bar for the education of Yoga Therapists.
- Encouraging collaboration with and providing complimentary support to conventional medicine.
Post-lineage Yoga Therapy
At The Yoga Therapy Institute, we prioritise adaptability and client focus in Yoga Therapy, while still valuing classic Yogic texts. Our approach is grounded in ethical and safety protocols, ensuring a safe and inclusive space for individual health and well-being. As a post-lineage institution, we strive to create a supportive environment that embraces flexibility and caters to the unique needs of each student.