See all online modules
Yoga Therapy Foundation 100 hours ONLINE
Yoga Therapy Foundation 100 hours
*Registration open for 2021
The Yoga Therapy Foundation 100 hours is a unique, intense course where you will learn the essential foundations of Yoga Therapy, from which you can build up your further Yoga Therapy Diploma hours. These 100 hours are part of the Yoga Therapy Diploma 500 hours and the IAYT-accredited Yoga Therapy Diploma 800 hours.
This foundation course takes 2 separate weeks and it is an essential part required by all applicants of the diploma course, and for those who, for professional reasons, wish to learn more about the therapeutic applications of Yoga Therapy.
The online program
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF YOGA THERAPY
Fundamental principles of Yoga Therapy; What is Yoga Therapy, Applications, and Areas of Application of Yoga Therapy, Scope of Practice.
Yoga Therapy applications of traditional models:
- Pancha Koshas
- Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Prana Vayus
- The Kleshas
- Chakra Model
- Yoga Nidra
- Ayurveda Model
Integration of Krishnamacharya Traditional Yoga Therapy teachings and the Yoga Therapy lineages of The Bihar School of Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Structural Yoga Therapy and the up-to-date Yoga Therapy Biomedical Scientific models.
A basic introduction to the history of yoga and yoga therapy, including traditional and modern lineages.
Definitions of health and restoration of balance in the Yoga tradition, and as described by the World Health Organisation.
Introduction to the basic understanding of scientific research in the field of Yoga and Yoga Therapy.
THE YOGA THERAPIST
- Skills, qualities, and abilities of the Yoga Therapist
- The Responsibilities of the Yoga Therapist
- Practical Guidelines
- Professional Guidelines and Ethical Principles
- Introduction to the IAYT
- ‘Yoga Therapy as a Health Profession and a Healthy Business’
THE INTAKE & CLIENT ASSESSMENT
- Students will learn to identify health warnings and Red Flags, as well as challenging situations, referral protocol, safety and self-protection, client communication skills, and communication systems with other health professionals.
- Structure and delivery of client assessment and intake. This includes a clinical observation process which encompasses both physical, breathing and psychological assessment. These systems are based on the scientific and biomedical models of Body-Mind work, and the teachings of Montserrat G. Mukherjee C-IAYT. How to model and structure a client intake, the objectives of the intake as well as the psychological aspects of the intake process.
- Awareness of body signals and body language
- Conclusion and client report
- Setting up of client lifestyle recommendations, homework and follow- up.
- Practice and work in pairs in secure Zoom sessions
- Pre-recorded videos and real case study observation
- Communication skills and challenging situations.
FOUNDATION MODULE CASE STUDIES
During this course, you will also be able to learn about real case studies introduced by an experienced yoga therapist.
1st-6th February -ONLINE- & 10th-15th May -ONLINE-
OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
6th-11th April -ONLINE- & 14th-19th June -ONLINE-
OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
11th-16th October -AT LOCATION- & 6th-12th December -AT LOCATION-OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
Acceptance requirements for the Yoga Therapy Foundation Course
This Yoga Therapy Foundation Course 100-hour is open to all Yoga teachers and therapists with yoga teaching and practise experience, who are interested in professional Yoga Therapy and who would like to do this course as a bridge to further Yoga Therapy studies.
This course can be of interest as further education to medical professionals, physiotherapists, coaches, and other therapeutic professionals.
1200 euros ex 9% VAT * 2020 & 2021 price
European registered companies are excluded from VAT charges. Please contact us to find out more at [email protected]
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
We are always happy to help!
The Team @The Yoga Therapy Institute