Yoga Therapy for Digestive Issues: The Gut Link
50 Hours | 5 Days + Home Study
Discover the connection between the brain, emotions, and the microbiome, and how to apply safe and effective Yoga Therapy tools and techniques to relieve symptoms and restore balance to the digestive system!
This online module will teach you how to identify the first signs of digestive problems and how they can affect your overall health. You’ll also learn about the connection between emotions and digestion, and how to use Yoga Therapy to address a variety of digestive health issues.
“The gut is the second brain, and it’s responsible for a lot more than just digestion. It’s also involved in our emotions, our immune system, and even our sense of smell.” – Michael Gershon, MD
What to expect
- An intensive 5-day module, from Monday to Friday.
- Learn from experienced C-IAYT Yoga Therapists who actively practise and specialise in Yoga Therapy.
- Participate in engaging online classes that are dynamic and interactive.
- Gain hands-on experience in breakout rooms.
- Have in-depth discussions and dedicated question time.
- Receive personalised teaching and feedback.
- Gain insights from real-world client experiences and case studies.
- Build professional connections with a vibrant and diverse international community.
- Safe, live presentations with accessibility features.
- Unlimited access to our educational platform.
- Watch videos of yoga therapy practices.
- Replay the session recordings as many times as you like.
- Work with your peers to analyse case studies and develop session plans.
- Complete a fun and actionable module assignment.
- Put your knowledge to the test with an open book end-of-module assessment.
- Understand and apply knowledge of digestive system functioning, symptoms, and pathologies.
- Adapt personalised intake, establish therapeutic relationships, and recognise red flags for referral.
- Apply safe Yoga Therapy tools for clients experiencing digestive health issues, including breathing techniques and stress management.
- Demonstrate compassionate client communication and ability to develop appropriate lifestyle recommendations for digestive health within the scope of practice.
- Recognise the need for professional boundaries and when and how to seek advice and support from supervisors.
- Understand the bi-directional connection between the gut and the brain.
- Acquire additional knowledge about metabolism and the gut microbiome.
- Monday 9th – Friday 13th October 2023
14.00 hrs – 22.00 hrs (CET)
- Monday 5th – Friday 9th February 2024
9.30 hrs – 18.00 hrs (CET)
- Monday 11th – Friday 15th November 2024
9.30 hrs – 18.00 hrs (CET)
- Monday 25th – Friday 29th August 2025
9.30 hrs – 18.00 hrs (CET)
*Module hours are approximate and subject to small adjustments depending on the flow and pace of each class.
Who is this course for?
- Yoga Therapy trainees
- Yoga teachers who want to learn more about Yoga Therapy
- Healthcare professionals such as medical doctors, physiotherapists, coaches and other therapeutic professionals who are seeking a multidisciplinary approach
Excl. VAT €700*
Incl. 21% VAT €847*
*European companies registered outside the Netherlands are exempt from VAT charges. Please contact us to find out more.
Frequently Asked Questions
To join this module, you must meet the following requirements:
- 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training certification from Yoga Alliance or equivalent
- One year of Yoga teaching experience
- One year of personal Yoga practice
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 18 years old
To join the module, simply complete our Contact Form and we will contact you to arrange your place in the module.
Yes, this module is approved for 50 Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits (CECs) for anyone who completes the module as of September 2023. Upon completion, you can request a digital certification that you can submit to Yoga Alliance.
*Earlier attended modules do not qualify.
The price of the module includes access to all live module lectures, unlimited access to the educational platform, including written materials, presentations, full recordings, practice videos, audio files, and assignments. You’ll also have the ability to contact the team and faculty by email for support.
The price of the module doesn’t include books from the reading list, yoga mats or props, or any other materials or equipment that may be required for the module.
We offer a variety of discounts and promotions on our Yoga Therapy training courses throughout the year. To see the current discounts and promotions, please visit our promotions page.
The end-of-module test is an online test that covers the content of the module. You’ll have full access to the module materials during the test, so you can refer to them as needed. The test will include multiple-choice and long-answer questions, but you’ll have the opportunity to resubmit your answers if you’re not satisfied with your first attempt.
The goal of the test is to assess your understanding of the material and your ability to apply it to practise. It’s not intended to be a difficult test, but it will encourage you to have a good understanding of the material.
The test will be open for submission for 2 months after the end of the module. This means that you’ll have plenty of time to study and prepare for the test.
Still have questions? Reach out to us. We’re always happy to help!