Yoga Therapy Diploma 800 hours
Yoga Therapy Diploma 800 hours
The Yoga Therapy Institute’s Yoga Therapy Diploma 800- hours follows the standards of the International Associaton of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
The program director, Montserrat G Mukherjee, is a certified IAYT-certified yoga therapist with over 12 years of experience.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES OF THIS COURSE
In this Yoga Therapy Diploma 800- hours we offer:
- Broad knowledge and training of practical skills which allow our Yoga Therapy graduates work in a safe, compassionate and effective manner with clients suffering from a wide range of health issues.
- A unique combination of Biomedical and Yoga studies, introducing our students to the application of Yoga Therapy knowledge and skills to specific health issues such as cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, muscular-skeletal injuries and immune system imbalances, amongst many others.
- Extensive practice with clients and real case studies from our Yoga Therapy Clinic throughout the whole course. This is a unique feature that differentiates this course from other Yoga Therapy courses. We can make this possible thanks to our yoga therapy experience of over 12 years. As a student of The Yoga Therapy Institute, you will be able to have first- hand experience with different cases and your own clients.
- Personalized mentorship and follow-up of your needs as a Yoga Therapy student. Our small groups guarantee this personal approach to learning.
- A challenging, fun environment. Learning is easier when students are relaxed and feel safe. Our standards are high, but we are warm and welcoming to everyone.
- The chance to specialize, at the end of the program, in specific areas of interest, as professional development.
- Finally, we are already working to ensure that our graduates obtain their International accreditation with the IAYT, so they are respected and valued as Yoga Therapists where ever they choose to work in the world.
The Yoga Therapy Diploma 800 hours Program
All students who wish to obtain their Yoga Therapy Diploma 800 hours need to complete the following program:
- Yoga Therapy Foundation 100 hours
- Yoga Therapy Applications of Asana, Pranayama & Restorative Yoga 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Muscular -Skeletal injuries & Low Back Pain Clinic 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Disease 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for the Nervous System, degenerative disease & Pain Clinic 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Digestive issues: The Gut Link 42 hours
- Yoga Nidra for Yoga Therapy 14 hours
- Well -Woman and Well -Man Clinics 42 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Hormonal and Immune Systems 42 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Anxiety & Depression Workshop with Lisa Kaley Isley 30 hours
- Yoga Therapy for the Mind with Kristin Vikjord Paternotte 20 hours
- Ayurveda & Yoga Therapy with Coen van der Kroon & Liese Van Dam 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for people affected by cancer * 50 hours
- Ethical Principles, legal and business for Yoga Therapy – Distance Learning 17 hours
- Practice Delivery Preparation and Mentorship Documentation – 3 days * 15 hours
- Final Assessment & Examination dates to be arranged with each individual student
Yoga Therapy Practice
Students are required to do 162 hours of practice as the leading yoga therapist in individual or small-group classes, documented and mentored by The Yoga Therapy Institute.
This course also includes at least 40 hours of distance mentorship.
Module Assessments and Examinations
Upon completion of each module, students are required to complete their relevant homework assignments and written examinations.
Students will also be required to complete three case studies with real clients per module, following The Yoga Therapy Institute’s protocol for practicum delivery and The IAYT’s professional principles of Yoga Therapy
At the end of this 80o- hour course, students will be able to demonstrate their skills and abilities as yoga therapists at a pre-arranged examination with a real case study at The Yoga Therapy Institute.
How long does it take?
14 modules + Final assessment +165 hours documented practice as distance learning (which can take from 6 to 12 months)
The Yoga Therapy Diploma 800 hours takes a minimum of 2 years to complete, plus the time that it takes to finalize the 165 hours of documented work with your own students/clients as the leading yoga therapist.
How long you take to do this course depends on your own time availability, your needs, and how you can integrate them into your professional and family life. At The Yoga Therapy Institute, we understand that there are practical reasons why you might miss some modules or take a longer time to finish your studies. Please keep us informed of any changes in your course schedule so we can come up with solutions to help you manage your studies within a reasonable time frame.
THE YOGA THERAPY INSTITUTE
*Prices in Euros
- Yoga Therapy Foundation 100-hour 950 euros
- Yoga Nidra Foundation Weekend 250 euros
- Yoga Therapy Applications of Asana, Pranayama and Restorative Yoga 550 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Muscular-skeletal injuries & Low Back Pain 550 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Issues 550 euros
- Yoga Therapy for the Nervous System, Degenerative Disease & Pain Clinic 550 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Digestive Issues & The Gut Link 480 euros
- Well-Woman’s health & Well-Man Clinic 480 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Hormonal & Immune Systems 480 euros
- Yoga Therapy Workshop for Anxiety & Depression 450 euros
- Yoga Therapy for the Mind 350 euros
- Ayurveda Healing for Yoga Therapy 950 euros (to be booked and paid separately via Delight Yoga Academy free of VAT)
- Yoga Therapy for people affected by cancer 550 euros
- Ethical Principles, legal and business for Yoga Therapy 150 euros
- Practice Delivery & Mentorship Documentation 350 euros
Distance learning 165 hours of documentation & mentorship, tutoring and 1210 euros
excl 21% VAT * except Ayurveda Healing module
We like to offer our students easy ways to apply and pay for these courses. Learn about the different payment options that you can choose at
*A note on IAYT accreditation
Our courses follow the guidelines of The International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
For certification with the IAYT, you need to finish a minimum of 800 hours of Yoga Therapy coursework.
Our 800- hour Yoga Therapy Diploma Course is being developed for the IAYT process of accreditation in 2018, so that when our first students graduate in 2021, they can receive the IAYT certification.
This is currently the only course in Europe that has joined this process of international recognition.
If you would like more information on this subject, please contact us
We look forward to hearing from you, and welcome to The Yoga Therapy Institute!