Yoga Therapy Diploma 625-Hours | ONLINE & IN PERSON
Yoga Therapy Diploma 625-Hours | With Online Modules
THE ONLINE YOGA THERAPY DIPLOMA
Become a qualified Yoga Therapist with our unique, advanced online Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 625-Hours (formerly 500 hours).
A professional programme in which you will learn everything you need to know about how to apply yoga tools in a therapeutic environment.
THE 625-HOUR YOGA THERAPY PROGRAMME
All students of the Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 625-Hours are required to complete the following modules.
*Click on each module to see the dates and personalise your own schedule.
- Yoga Therapy Foundation Course 100-Hours
o Yoga Therapy Foundation Course 50-Hours Week 1
o Yoga Therapy Foundation Course 50-Hours Week 2
- Safety in Yoga Nidra & Relaxation for Yoga Therapy 12 hours
- Yoga Therapy Applications for Asana, Pranayama & Restorative Yoga 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal Issues & Lower Back Pain Clinic 100-hours
o Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal Issues & Lower Back Pain Clinic 50-Hours Week 1
o Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal Issues & Lower Back Pain Clinic 50-Hours Week 2
- Yoga Therapy for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Health Issues 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for the Nervous System, Degenerative Disease & Pain Clinic 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Digestive Issues & The Gut Link 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for the Reproductive System, Family Dynamics & the Ageing Process 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Endocrine & Immune System Disorders 50 hours
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Therapy with Esther van der Sande 35 hours
- Applied Somatic Counselling Skills for Yoga Therapists with Esther van der Sande 35 hours
- Mentorship & Supervision 5 hours (dates to be arranged with each individual student)
- Final Evaluation & Official Diploma 625-Hours (dates to be arranged with each individual student)
*All modules for the Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 625-Hours can be completed online.
Module Assessments & Assignments
Upon completion of each module, students are required to submit their relevant homework assignments and written end-of-module-test.
Students will also be required to complete a total of 3 case studies, with real clients, following The Yoga Therapy Institute’s protocol for practicum delivery and the IAYT’s professional principles of Yoga Therapy.
All students participating in this course will benefit from our mentorship programme, including case study support and extra tutoring.
Students have on-demand access to all members of the faculty during the courses, plus:
- 5 hours of one-on-one mentorship with mentor
- access to mentor via email for any case study questions
- final evaluation of approx. 2 hours with 2 faculty members
More information on our mentorship & supervision programme.
How long does it take?
Approximately 20 months.
How long you take to do the 625-hour Diploma depends on your circumstances and how you integrate your studies into your professional and family life. At The Yoga Therapy Institute, we understand that there are practical reasons why you may miss some modules or take longer to finish your studies. Please keep us informed of any change in your circumstances, so that we can support you in managing your studies within a reasonable time frame.
What to expect
This online Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 625-Hours offers the minimum hours of study and practice required to work as a professional Yoga Therapist in the Netherlands and other European countries*.
*Individual country’s regulations apply.
The 625-Hour Yoga Therapy Diploma Course can be the foundation for extending your studies to the Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 875-Hours, which is accredited by the IAYT.
The online programme will include:
- Class lectures in a secure Zoom setting
- Real-life case study work in groups
- Pre-recorded videos and audio materials
- Home practices and group discussions
- Online written student manuals and study materials
- Open-book online examinations
- End-of-module assessment of practical work
- Mentorship and guidance to support you with your homework and case studies
Students will be expected to demonstrate their ability to apply the knowledge and skills learned in this course, during a practical assessment at the end of the course.
- Yoga Teacher Training 200-hours certification
- Yoga teaching experience or alternatively, therapeutic or medical experience
- Proficient use of the English language
|No.||Module||2023 Prices||2024 Prices|
|1.||Yoga Therapy Foundation Course 100-hours||1300||1400**|
|2.||Safety for Yoga Nidra & Relaxation for Yoga Therapy||400||450|
|3.||Yoga Therapy Applications of Asana, Pranayama & Restorative Yoga||750**||800**|
|4.||Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal Issues & Lower Back Pain Clinic 100-hours||1300**||1400**|
|5.||Yoga Therapy for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Health Issues||700||750|
|6.||Yoga Therapy for the Nervous System, Degenerative Disease & Pain Clinic||700||750|
|7.||Yoga Therapy for Digestive Issues & The Gut Link||700||750|
|8.||Yoga Therapy for the Reproductive System, Family Dynamics & the Ageing Process||700||750|
|9.||Yoga Therapy for Endocrine & Immune System Disorders||700||750|
|10.||Trauma-Informed Yoga Therapy with Esther van der Sande||650||700|
|11.||Applied Somatic Counselling Skills for Yoga Therapists with Esther van der Sande||650||700|
|12.||Mentorship & Supervision||300||350|
|13.||Final Evaluation & Official Diploma 625-Hours||150||200|
*All prices listed are in euros
*All module prices exclude 21% VAT.
*All fees are subject to change.
**Prices listed are for the online editions of the modules. The in-person editions of the Yoga Therapy Applications of Asana, Pranayama & Restorative Yoga and Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal Issues & Lower Back Pain Clinic 100-Hours modules are 800/850 euros and 1400/1500 euros respectively (excluding 21% VAT).
At The Yoga Therapy Institute we are aware of the financial challenges that some of our students are currently experiencing. As a result, we offer personalised payment plans. For more information you can contact our administration department and we will do what we can to help.
We like to support our students by providing flexible payment options. To find out more about our payment plans, please see the links below:
Payment terms or email Kaz Little at [email protected].
*European Tax Invoices:
Registered companies outside of the Netherlands and within the European Community may request a tax-free invoice. You can check this by going to the VIES European Commission website to see if they are eligible and add the link: https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/#/vat-validation.
How do I join?
First, complete our registration form *This does not commit you in any way. It is for us to find out if you qualify for our courses and as the first point of contact.
All modules can also be done independently.
You can begin your studies for the Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 625-Hours at any module, but we highly recommend that all students begin with Yoga Therapy Foundation Course 100-Hours.
We will contact you by email to help you organise your enrolment and answer any questions you may have.
Please note that, reservation of a place on a module can only be guaranteed upon payment of the full fee. Once we receive your confirmation and payment, we will send you the required reading list for the module.
*A note on IAYT accreditation
This course follows the guidelines of The International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT).
However, for IAYT certification, you will be required to complete the 875-Hour Yoga Therapy Diploma Course.
Upon completion of your 625-hour Diploma Course, you can add the remaining 250 hours by enrolling for the extra modules and submitting additional case studies.
*For students based in the USA, we recommend our 875-Hour Yoga Therapy Diploma Course, which is recognised by the IAYT and accepted by some USA medical insurance companies (check your local regulation).
If you would like more information on this Diploma Course, please contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to The Yoga Therapy Institute!
© The Yoga Therapy Institute