Yoga Therapy Diploma 550 hours ONLINE
Yoga Therapy Online Diploma 550 hours
The Yoga Therapy Institute Online
Diploma 550 hours
ADVANCED ONLINE YOGA THERAPY TRAINING
Become a qualified Yoga Therapist with our advanced online Yoga Therapy Diploma 550 hours (formerly 500 hours), a unique course of its kind in the world.
A professional program in which you will learn everything you need to know about how to apply Yoga tools in a therapeutic environment.
The program director is Montserrat G Mukherjee, the first yoga therapist in the Netherlands certified by the prestigious International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT). Montserrat has over 18 years of experience working as a yoga therapist with clients from all over the world and she is a yoga teacher’s mentor and yoga teacher’s therapist.
Other teachers and therapists in this course:
Marleen Jansen, Yoga Campus Certified Yoga Therapist based in Amsterdam
Suze Retera, a psychologist and certified yoga teacher, teaching since 2006, specialized in embodiment and tension-release, and Yoga Nidra.
Lisa Kaley-Isley, IAYT-Certified Yoga Therapist trained with the American Viniyoga of Gary Kraftsow.
Esther van der Sander, a Trauma Centre Trauma Sensitive Yoga Facilitator (TCTSY-F) in the Netherlands under the supervision of TCTSY pioneer David Emerson.
All students of the Yoga Therapy Diploma 500 hours are required to complete the following modules:
- Yoga Therapy Foundation 100 hours
- Yoga Therapy Applications for Asana, Pranayama & Restorative Yoga 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Muscular -Skeletal injuries & Low Back Pain Clinic 100 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Disease 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for the Nervous System, degenerative disease & Pain Clinic 50 hours
- Yoga Therapy for Digestive issues: The Gut Link 42 hours
- Yoga Nidra for Yoga Therapy 14 hours
- Yoga Therapy for the Reproductive System, Family & the Ageing Process
- Yoga Therapy for Endocrine and Auto-immune disorders 42 hours
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Therapy Workshop 35 hours
- Applied Somatic Counseling Skills for Yoga Therapists 35 hours
* All modules for the 550-hour course can be completed online. Only your final assessment has to be done at location so your mentor can observe how you work in person.
Module assessments and examinations
Upon completion of each module, students are required to complete their relevant homework assignments and written examinations.
Students will also be required to complete one case study with real clients per module, following The Yoga Therapy Institute’s protocol for practicum delivery and The IAYT’s professional principles of Yoga Therapy
How long does it take?
approx 20 months
How long you take to do our courses depends on your own needs and how you can integrate them into your professional and family life. At The Yoga Therapy Institute, we understand that there are practical reasons why you might miss some modules or take a longer time to finish your studies. Please keep us informed of any changes in your course schedule so we can come up with solutions to help you manage your studies within a reasonable time frame.
This Yoga Therapy Diploma 550 hours Online Course offers the minimum hours of study and practice required to work as a professional yoga therapist in the Netherlands and other countries in Europe * (individual country’s regulations apply).
From the 550-hour course you can build up to the Yoga Therapy Diploma 850 hours with the IAYT international accreditation.
What you can expect in each module
- Class Lectures in secure Zoom
- Real case study work in groups
- Pre-recorded videos and audio materials
- Home practices and group discussion
- Online written student manuals and study materials
- Open-book online examinations
- End of module assessment of practical work
- Mentorship and guidance to support you with your homework and case studies
Students will be expected to demonstrate their abilities to apply the knowledge and skills learned in this course during a practical assessment, at the end of the course.
All students participating in this course will benefit from our mentorship program, including case study support and extra tutoring.
Yoga Teacher Training 200- hour certification
Yoga teaching experience or alternatively, therapeutic or medical work experience
Proficient use of the English language
- Yoga Therapy Foundation 100-hour 1200 euros
- Yoga Nidra Foundation Weekend 350 euros
- Yoga Therapy Applications of Asana, Pranayama and Restorative Yoga 750 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Muscular-skeletal injuries & Low Back Pain 100 hours – 1200 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Issues 700 euros
- Yoga Therapy for the Nervous System, Degenerative Disease & Pain Clinic 700 euros
- Yoga Therapy for Digestive Issues & The Gut Link 600 euros
- Yoga Therapy for the Reproductive System, Family & the Aging Process 600 euros
- Yoga Therapy for the Endocrine system and auto-immune disorders 600 euros
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Therapy Workshop 600 euros
- Basic Counselling Skills for Yoga Therapists 600 euros
- Final Assessment and case study mentorship 300 euros
excl. 9% VAT
*All prices subject to changes
We like to offer our students easy ways to apply and pay for these courses. Learn about the different payment options that you can choose at
email Kaz Little at [email protected]
European Tax Invoices:
Registered companies outside of the Netherlands and within the European Community may request a tax-free invoice.
How do I join?
All modules can be done independently.
You can start the 550-hour Diploma Course in any module, but we recommend students to start with
We will contact you by email to help you organize your booking and answer any questions you might have
Please note that reservation of modules can only be guaranteed upon payment of the full fee
Once we receive your confirmation and payment, we will send you the list of the reading list required for the specific module.
*A note on IAYT accreditation
This course follows the guidelines of The International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
For certification with the IAYT you need to finish a minimum of 800 hours of Yoga Therapy coursework.
At the end of your 550-hour Yoga Therapy Diploma Course, you can add the remaining 300 hours with the extra modules and the additional case studies.
If you would like more information on this subject, please contact us
We look forward to hearing from you, and welcome to The Yoga Therapy Institute!
© 2020 The Yoga Therapy Institute