Teachers & Collaborators
The Yoga Therapy
Restorative Yoga Retreat
We are so happy that Alison Melvin will be teaching the practical aspects of Restorative Yoga at The Yoga Therapy Retreat in April 2018.
The first thing that you will love about Alison Melvin is her peaceful manner. No wonder, she is one of the most respected Yin yoga, Restorative yoga and Mindfulness meditation teachers in Amsterdam. She is also one of the most friendly, with a killer smile and a great sense of humour.
Alison also often works as a Yoga teacher for people suffering from cancer. She is an active collaborator at the Yogini Rosa Foundation for Women with Breast Cancer.
Alison’s E-RYT 500 hour international training includes:
- Insight Yoga with Sarah Powers ongoing training in Asana, Meditation, Personal Psychology, Buddhist and Taoist philosophy. London, UK.
- Yin yoga, Chinese medicine & anatomy 50-hour Yoginiyoga. Copenhagen, DK.
- Yin yoga & anatomy 200-hour Paul Grilley. California, USA.
- Relax & renew restorative trainer Judith Lasater, Yogacampus, London, UK.
- Mindfulness trainer MBSR, Centrum voor Mindfulness, Amsterdam, NL.
- Mindfulness Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training 500-hour Spirit Rock Meditation Centre. California, USA.
- Diploma for teaching yoga to people living with cancer Vereniging van Yogadocenten Nederland. Amsterdam, NL.
- Yoga Academy Teacher Training BWY accreditation and Yoga Alliance 200-hour, Simon Low Yoga Academy. London, UK.
- Group and private classes at her own studio and yoga studios including De Nieuw Yoga School.
- Leading teacher trainer for Yin and Restorative Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation Training Workshops.
- Leading teacher at several Yoga Retreats in Mallorca and Tenerife. This includes The Yoga Therapy Retreat at the Yoga Therapy Institute
Alison Melvin’s Personal Approach
At The Yoga Therapy Institute life experience is very important to us.
That is why we choose to work with teachers like Alison. Her own life story has taken her to care and work with cancer patients, and to support her community. She is widely loved by her students, family and her loyal friends.
A born traveller, you will often find Alison in some far-away location, learning and experiencing life in different ways. At the same time, Alison always makes sure to keep her feet on the ground.
Alison is a loving mum of three -already in high school-, so she’s seen it all!, a wonderful teacher and friend.
We really believe that our students will receive the best Yoga -and life- experience from this unique and humble teacher.