Yoga Therapy for the Nervous System, Degenerative Disease & Pain Management
50 Hours | 5 Days + Home Study
Unlock the complexities of the nervous system and learn how to manage chronic pain and neurological health issues with our most popular module!
This online module will take you through the intricacies of Yoga Therapy for the nervous system, degenerative disease, and pain management. You’ll learn how to use Yoga Therapy to help people with a variety of neurological health issues, such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, and stroke.
The latest work in this field suggests a possible connection between the physiological changes triggered by emotional stimuli—such as changes in the nervous system, hormones, and immune system—that make up the fight-or-flight response to threat. Ultimately, the body mounts a stress response, even if the mind is unaware.
“The physiology of stress eats away at our bodies not because it has outlived its usefulness but because we may no longer have the competence to recognise its signals.” – Dr. Gabor Mate
What to expect
- An intensive 5-day module, from Monday to Friday.
- Learn from experienced C-IAYT Yoga Therapists who actively practise and specialise in Yoga Therapy.
- Participate in engaging online classes that are dynamic and interactive.
- Gain hands-on experience in breakout rooms.
- Have in-depth discussions and dedicated question time.
- Receive personalised teaching and feedback.
- Gain insights from real-world client experiences and case studies.
- Build professional connections with a vibrant and diverse international community.
- Safe, live presentations with accessibility features.
- Unlimited access to our educational platform.
- Watch videos of yoga therapy practices.
- Replay the session recordings as many times as you like.
- Work with your peers to analyse case studies and develop session plans.
- Complete a fun and actionable module assignment.
- Put your knowledge to the test with an open book end-of-module assessment.
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of the nervous system, as well as common pathologies, symptoms, and contraindications.
- Adapt a personalised intake, establish a therapeutic relationship, and demonstrate compassionate client communication skills within the scope of practice for Yoga Therapy.
- Apply safe and effective Yoga Therapy tools for nervous system issues, including neurological and degenerative disorders, burnout, panic disorder and sleep issues.
- Recognise red flags, collaborate with medical teams, and understand the psychological and emotional impacts of nervous system health issues.
- Navigate challenging situations, maintain professional boundaries, and seek support from supervisors when needed.
- Apply knowledge of sensation, the senses, proprioception, and the highly sensitive person to Yoga Therapy work.
- Interpret and understand neurological health issues from the traditional Yogic model perspective.
- Apply client pain assessments and different approaches to pain management, including conventional methods and Yoga Therapy techniques.
- Monday 29th April – Friday 3rd May 2024
9.30 hrs – 18.00 hrs (CET)
- Monday 3rd – Friday 7th February 2025
9.30 hrs – 18.00 hrs (CET)
- Monday 6th – Friday 10th October 2025
9.30 hrs – 18.00 hrs (CET)
*Module hours are approximate and subject to small adjustments depending on the flow and pace of each class.
Who is this course for?
- Yoga Therapy trainees
- Yoga teachers who want to learn more about Yoga Therapy
- Healthcare professionals such as medical doctors, physiotherapists, coaches and other therapeutic professionals who are seeking a multidisciplinary approach
Excl. VAT €700*
Incl. 21% VAT €847*
Does this training course include a promotion?
Yes, pick 2 from our 6 Biomedical Courses & Get 100 Euros Off!
- YT for Musculoskeletal Issues & Lower Back Pain
- YT for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Health Issues
- YT for The Nervous System, Degenerative Disease & Pain Management
- YT for Digestive Issues: The Gut Link
- YT for Endocrine & Immune System Disorders
- YT for the Reproductive System, Family Dynamics & the Ageing Process
*European companies registered outside the Netherlands are exempt from VAT charges. Please contact us to find out more.
Frequenty Asked Questions
To join this module, you must meet the following requirements:
- 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training certification from Yoga Alliance or equivalent
- One year of Yoga teaching experience
- One year of personal Yoga practice
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 18 years old
To join the module, simply complete our Contact Form and we will contact you to arrange your place in the module.
Yes, this module is approved for 50 Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits (CECs) for anyone who completes the module as of September 2023. Upon completion, you can request a digital certification that you can submit to Yoga Alliance.
*Earlier attended modules do not qualify.
The price of the module includes access to all live module lectures, unlimited access to the educational platform, including written materials, presentations, full recordings, practice videos, audio files, and assignments. You’ll also have the ability to contact the team and faculty by email for support.
The price of the module doesn’t include books from the reading list, yoga mats or props, or any other materials or equipment that may be required for the module.
We offer a variety of discounts and promotions on our Yoga Therapy training courses throughout the year. To see the current discounts and promotions, please visit our promotions page.
The end-of-module test is an online test that covers the content of the module. You’ll have full access to the module materials during the test, so you can refer to them as needed. The test will include multiple-choice and long-answer questions, but you’ll have the opportunity to resubmit your answers if you’re not satisfied with your first attempt.
The goal of the test is to assess your understanding of the material and your ability to apply it to practise. It’s not intended to be a difficult test, but it will encourage you to have a good understanding of the material.
The test will be open for submission for 2 months after the end of the module. This means that you’ll have plenty of time to study and prepare for the test.
We offer the following specialized trainings related to the nervous system, each of which is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to support people with a specific health challenge.
Still have questions? Reach out to us. We’re always happy to help!