Yoga Therapy for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Health Issues
50 Hours | 5 Days + Home Study
Explore the fascinating world of cardiovascular and respiratory health in Yoga Therapy!
This online module will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to work with clients facing health challenges in a safe and effective manner. You’ll learn about the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, the different types of health conditions that can affect these systems, and how to use Yoga Therapy to support the function of these systems. You’ll also learn how to help reduce the risk of developing health problems and how to work with clients facing specific health challenges, such as heart disease, stroke, asthma, and COPD.
“Our breath, like our heartbeat, is the most reliable rhythm in our lives. It is the one thing we can always count on, whether we are awake or asleep, healthy or sick. When we breathe consciously, we connect with this natural rhythm and allow it to restore balance and harmony to our bodies and minds.” – Dr. Donna Farhi
What to expect
- An intensive 5-day module, from Monday to Friday.
- Learn from experienced C-IAYT Yoga Therapists who actively practise and specialise in Yoga Therapy.
- Participate in engaging online classes that are dynamic and interactive.
- Gain hands-on experience in breakout rooms.
- Have in-depth discussions and dedicated question time.
- Receive personalised teaching and feedback.
- Gain insights from real-world client experiences and case studies.
- Build professional connections with a vibrant and diverse international community.
- Safe, live presentations with accessibility features.
- Unlimited access to our educational platform.
- Watch videos of yoga therapy practices.
- Replay the session recordings as many times as you like.
- Work with your peers to analyse case studies and develop session plans.
- Complete a fun and actionable module assignment.
- Put your knowledge to the test with an open book end-of-module assessment.
- Understand cardiovascular and respiratory anatomy and physiology, and demonstrate knowledge of common cardiovascular and respiratory pathologies and contraindications.
- Adapt personalised intake, assessments and establish therapeutic relationships within the Yoga Therapy scope of practice.
- Apply safe and effective Yoga Therapy tools for clients experiencing cardiovascular and respiratory health issues.
- Recognise red flags and refer clients to medical professionals when necessary.
- Understand the psychological and emotional impacts of cardiovascular and respiratory health issues, and demonstrate effective client communication skills.
- Interpret cardiovascular and respiratory health issues from a classic Yoga model’s perspective.
- Apply safe Covid-19 respiratory recovery guidelines and contraindications.
- Monday 22nd – Friday 26th January 2024
9.30 hrs – 18.00 hrs (CET)
- Monday 23rd – Friday 27th September 2024
9.30 hrs – 18.00 hrs (CET)
- Monday 9th – Friday 13th June 2025
9.30 hrs – 18.00 hrs (CET)
*Module hours are approximate and subject to small adjustments depending on the flow and pace of each class.
Who is this course For?
- Yoga Therapy trainees
- Yoga teachers who want to learn more about Yoga Therapy
- Healthcare professionals such as medical doctors, physiotherapists, coaches and other therapeutic professionals who are seeking a multidisciplinary approach
Excl. VAT €700*
Incl. 21% VAT €847*
Does this training course include a promotion?
Yes, pick 2 from our 6 Biomedical Courses & Get 100 Euros Off!
- YT for Musculoskeletal Issues & Lower Back Pain
- YT for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Health Issues
- YT for The Nervous System, Degenerative Disease & Pain Management
- YT for Digestive Issues: The Gut Link
- YT for Endocrine & Immune System Disorders
- YT for the Reproductive System, Family Dynamics & the Ageing Process
*European companies registered outside the Netherlands are exempt from VAT charges. Please contact us to find out more.
Frequently Asked Questions
To join this module, you must meet the following requirements:
- 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training certification from Yoga Alliance or equivalent
- One year of Yoga teaching experience
- One year of personal Yoga practice
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 18 years old
To join the module, simply complete our Contact Form and we will contact you to arrange your place in the module.
Yes, this module is approved for 50 Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits (CECs) for anyone who completes the module as of September 2023. Upon completion, you can request a digital certification that you can submit to Yoga Alliance.
*Earlier attended modules do not qualify.
The price of the module includes access to all live module lectures, unlimited access to the educational platform, including written materials, presentations, full recordings, practice videos, audio files, and assignments. You’ll also have the ability to contact the team and faculty by email for support.
The price of the module doesn’t include books from the reading list, yoga mats or props, or any other materials or equipment that may be required for the module.
We offer a variety of discounts and promotions on our Yoga Therapy training courses throughout the year. To see the current discounts and promotions, please visit our promotions page.
The end-of-module test is an online test that covers the content of the module. You’ll have full access to the module materials during the test, so you can refer to them as needed. The test will include multiple-choice and long-answer questions, but you’ll have the opportunity to resubmit your answers if you’re not satisfied with your first attempt.
The goal of the test is to assess your understanding of the material and your ability to apply it to practise. It’s not intended to be a difficult test, but it will encourage you to have a good understanding of the material.
The test will be open for submission for 2 months after the end of the module. This means that you’ll have plenty of time to study and prepare for the test.
Still have questions? Reach out to us. We’re always happy to help!