Yoga Therapy for Cancer Patients & People Affected by Cancer
50 Hours | 5 Days + Home Study
Learn how to use Yoga Therapy to support people affected by cancer with this comprehensive module.
Cancer is a life-changing event that affects millions of people and their loved ones. Yoga Therapy can help to bring about a sense of physical and emotional well-being during these challenging times. This online module will provide you with the knowledge and tools you need to support individuals at any stage in their journey. You’ll learn about the physical and emotional impact of cancer, the most common types of cancer and their treatments, and how Yoga Therapy can be used to help people cope with its challenges, including its relational and social effects.
You’ll also learn about the ethical considerations of providing Yoga Therapy to people affected by cancer, and how to create a safe and supportive environment for your clients.
What to expect
- An intensive 5-day module, from Monday to Friday.
- Learn from experienced C-IAYT Yoga Therapists who actively practise and specialise in Yoga Therapy.
- Participate in engaging online classes that are dynamic and interactive.
- Gain hands-on experience in breakout rooms.
- Have in-depth discussions and dedicated question time.
- Receive personalised teaching and feedback.
- Gain insights from real-world client experiences and case studies.
- Build professional connections with a vibrant and diverse international community.
- Safe, live presentations with accessibility features.
- Unlimited access to our educational platform.
- Watch videos of yoga therapy practices.
- Replay the session recordings as many times as you like.
- Work with your peers to analyse case studies and develop session plans.
- Complete a fun and actionable module assignment.
- Put your knowledge to the test with an open book end-of-module assessment.
- Understand the practical anatomy and physiology of the cancer process, and its impact on the body systems.
- Recognise the symptoms and contraindications when working with clients affected by cancer and adapt a personalised intake and assessment procedure.
- Apply safe Yoga Therapy tools, including Yoga Nidra and relaxation practices, for one-on-one sessions and specialised groups.
- Demonstrate compassionate communication skills and establish a meaningful therapeutic relationship within the scope of practice for Yoga Therapy.
- Understand how to collaborate with the client’s medical team, conventional medical treatments and the latest cancer research.
- Understand the psychological and emotional impact of cancer on individuals and recognise its impact on their family, social, and work environments.
- Interpret and understand the cancer process from traditional Yogic models’ perspective.
- Recognise and navigate challenging situations while maintaining professional boundaries, seeking advice and support from supervisors as necessary.
- Monday 8th – Friday 12th July 2024
9.30 hrs – 18.00 hrs (CET)
- Monday 24th – Friday 28th March 2025
9.30 hrs – 18.00 hrs (CET)
*Module hours are approximate and subject to small adjustments depending on the flow and pace of each class.
Who is this course for?
- Yoga Therapy trainees
- Yoga teachers who want to learn more about Yoga Therapy
- Healthcare professionals such as medical doctors, physiotherapists, coaches and other therapeutic professionals who are seeking a multidisciplinary approach
Excl. VAT €700*
Incl. 21% VAT €847*
*European companies registered outside the Netherlands are exempt from VAT charges. Please contact us to find out more.
Frequently Asked Questions
To join this module, you must meet the following requirements:
- 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training certification from Yoga Alliance or equivalent
- One year of Yoga teaching experience
- One year of personal Yoga practice
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 18 years old
To join the module, simply complete our Contact Form and we will contact you to arrange your place in the module.
No, this module does not offer continuing education credits because the module forms an integral part of our Yoga Therapy Diploma.
However, you can still earn continuing education credits by completing our other courses that are approved by Yoga Alliance.
The price of the module includes access to all live module lectures, unlimited access to the educational platform, including written materials, presentations, full recordings, practice videos, audio files, and assignments. You’ll also have the ability to contact the team and faculty by email for support.
The price of the module doesn’t include books from the reading list, yoga mats or props, or any other materials or equipment that may be required for the module.
We offer a variety of discounts and promotions on our Yoga Therapy training courses throughout the year. To see the current discounts and promotions, please visit our promotions page.
The end-of-module test is an online test that covers the content of the module. You’ll have full access to the module materials during the test, so you can refer to them as needed. The test will include multiple-choice and long-answer questions, but you’ll have the opportunity to resubmit your answers if you’re not satisfied with your first attempt.
The goal of the test is to assess your understanding of the material and your ability to apply it to practise. It’s not intended to be a difficult test, but it will encourage you to have a good understanding of the material.
The test will be open for submission for 2 months after the end of the module. This means that you’ll have plenty of time to study and prepare for the test.
Still have questions? Reach out to us. We’re always happy to help!