Safety in Yoga Nidra & Relaxation for Yoga Therapy
12 Hours | 2 Days
Learn to deliver Yoga Nidra safely and effectively! This two-day module is ideal for Yoga Therapy trainees, yoga teachers, healthcare professionals, and anyone who wants to learn more about Yoga Nidra.
In this online module, you’ll learn the basic principles of Yoga Nidra, how to prepare and deliver a safe practice, and how to set up clients in a safe restorative position. You’ll also learn how to use sound, voice modulation, and props to create a conducive environment for Yoga Nidra, and evaluate client history and be prepared for challenging situations that may arise.
“Yoga Nidra is an effortless and nourishing yoga practice that involves no physical
movement, simply resting and listening. It is an adaptive, meditative state of being that
anyone can access to find healing, nourishment, and liberation”. – Uma Dinsmore-Tuli
What to expect
- A 2-day intensive weekend module.
- Real-time practices of Yoga Nidra inspired by the teachings of Dr Uma Dinsmore-Tuli and Nirlipta Tuli, founders of Yoga Nidra Network.
- Receive expert guidance from an experienced faculty.
- Participate in engaging online classes that are dynamic and interactive.
- Have in-depth discussions and dedicated question time.
- Receive personalised teaching and feedback.
- Gain insights from real-world client experiences and case studies.
- Build professional connections with a vibrant and diverse international community.
- Safe, live presentations with accessibility features.
- Unlimited access to our educational platform.
- Replay the session recordings as many times as you like.
- Understand the basic principles of Yoga Nidra and relaxation within a Yoga Therapy session.
- Prepare and deliver a safe Yoga Nidra and relaxation practice.
- Set up clients in a safe restorative position for Yoga Nidra.
- Demonstrate the skills of use of sound, voice modulation, use of props and creating a conducive environment for Yoga Nidra and relaxation.
- Evaluate client history and be prepared for challenging situations that may arise.
- Work safely, taking into consideration contraindications and precautions for physical and mental health conditions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and familiarity with psychological and physical contraindications.
- Saturday 30th – Sunday 31st March 2024
9.30 hrs – 17.00 hrs (CET)
- Saturday 22nd – Sunday 23rd February 2025
9.30 hrs – 17.00 hrs (CET)
*Module hours are approximate and subject to small adjustments depending on the flow and pace of each class.
Who is this course for?
- Yoga Therapy trainees
- Yoga teachers who want to learn more about Yoga Therapy
- Healthcare professionals such as medical doctors, physiotherapists, coaches and other therapeutic professionals who are seeking a multidisciplinary approach
Excl. VAT €400*
Incl. 21% VAT €484*
*European companies registered outside the Netherlands are exempt from VAT charges. Please contact us to find out more.
Frequently Asked Questions
To join this module, you must meet the following requirements:
- 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training certification from Yoga Alliance or equivalent
- One year of Yoga teaching experience
- One year of personal Yoga practice
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 18 years old
To join the module, simply complete our Contact Form and we will contact you to arrange your place in the module.
Yes, this module is approved for 12 Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits (CECs) for anyone who completes the module as of September 2023. Upon completion, you can request a digital certification that you can submit to Yoga Alliance.
*Earlier attended modules do not qualify.
The price of the module includes access to all live module lectures, unlimited access to the educational platform, including written materials, presentations, full recordings, audio files, and assignments. You’ll also have the ability to contact the team and faculty by email for support.
The price of the module doesn’t include books from the reading list, yoga mats or props, or any other materials or equipment that may be required for the module.
We offer a variety of discounts and promotions on our Yoga Therapy training courses throughout the year. To see the current discounts and promotions, please visit our promotions page.
Yoga Nidra is a powerful yogic practice that has been shown to have a number of benefits, including improved sleep, reduced anxiety and depression, enhanced focus and concentration, and increased self-awareness and mindfulness.
Yoga Nidra is generally safe for most people, but there are some contraindications, including recent surgery, serious medical conditions, epilepsy, panic disorder, claustrophobia, and inability to lie still. It is important to deliver these techniques in a responsible way, as they may not be safe for everyone.
In this module, you’ll learn to recognise the signs that may indicate when these practices could be contraindicated for your student or client.
Still have questions? Reach out to us. We’re always happy to help!