See all online & in person modules
Yoga Therapy for Endocrine & Immune System Disorders -ONLINE
What causes imbalances in the hormonal system and what are the origins of pathological physiological reactions in auto-immune disorders?
At the Yoga Therapy for Endocrine & Immune System Disorders module, you will learn how Yoga Therapy can help support conventional treatments for hormonal and auto-immune diseases such as Hypothyroidism, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Lupus, amongst others.
You will also learn about the immune response to viral infections and the process behind cytokine storms, with specific reference to the current information available on Covid-19.
Knowledge of the modifications and contraindications for the hormonal system are of vital importance in Yoga Therapy, as well as an awareness of the emotional support required, during flair-ups, for those who suffer from these common health problems.
THE ONLINE PROGRAM
Our online course includes
- Safe, live presentations with accessibility features
- Practical Yoga Therapy applications demonstrated in pre-recorded videos, including adapted physical practices, breathing techniques and therapeutic restorative yoga.
- Audio files
- Case study group work
- Introduction to clinical research
- Online end-of-module test
- Mentorship and guidance during case study work (* for students doing the 550-hours and 850-hours diploma courses).
In this course you will learn the ultimate yoga therapist’s guide to the following subjects:
- The complexity of the endocrine system
- Psyhoneuroendocrinology and Yoga Therapy
- The HPA axis
- The Stress Hormone Response
- Thyroid and thyroid dysfunction
- Yoga Therapy for Diabetes type I & II
- The immune system
- Auto-immune disease: “The new epidemic”
- Yoga Therapy for auto-immune disease
- Real-life case studies
Tuesday 16th – Saturday 20th May –ONLINE-
PM start: 17:00 hrs – 22:00 hrs (CET)
OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
Monday 20th – Friday 24th November –ONLINE-
AM start: 9:30 hrs – 17:00 hrs (CET)
OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
700 euros excl. 21% VAT
*European registered companies are excluded from VAT charges. Please contact us to find out more at firstname.lastname@example.org