See all online modules
Yoga Therapy for Endocrine & Immune System Disorders -ONLINE
What causes imbalances in the hormonal system and what are the origins of pathological physiological reactions in auto-immune disorders?
At the Yoga Therapy for Endocrine & Immune System Disorders module, you will learn how Yoga Therapy can help support conventional treatments for hormonal and auto-immune diseases such as Hypothyroidism, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Lupus, amongst others.
You will also learn about the immune response to viral infections and the process behind cytokine storms, with specific reference to the current information available on Covid-19.
Knowledge of the modifications and contraindications for the hormonal system are of vital importance in Yoga Therapy, as well as an awareness of the emotional support required, during flair-ups, for those who suffer from these common health problems.
Students are required to attend all 5 days of the programme and dedicate at least 7 hours of study to the material, including an online written examination.
Our online course includes
- Safe, live Zoom presentations
- Practical Yoga Therapy applications demonstrated in pre-recorded videos, including adapted physical practices, breathing techniques and therapeutic restorative yoga.
- Audio files
- Case study group work
- Introduction to clinical research
- Online end-of-module test
- Mentorship and guidance during case study work (* for students doing the 550-hours and 850-hours diploma courses).
In this course, you will learn about
- The HPA axis
- The Stress Hormone Response
- The thyroid and thyroid dysfunction
- Diabetes type I & II
- The immune system and how it works
- Auto-immune disease: “The new epidemic”
- Yoga Therapy for auto-immune disease
- COVID-19 cytokine storm
- Real-life case studies
- HIV research project
28th March-1st April
600 euros excl. 9% VAT * 2021 price
*European registered companies are excluded from VAT charges. Please contact us to find out more at email@example.com