See all online modules
Autoimmune disease: A Holistic, empowering Approach
ONLINE WITH SUZE RETERA
Autoimmune diseases come in many shapes and forms and are becoming increasingly common.
The immune system is a very intelligent system and therefore, also very complex and closely intertwined with other body systems. In this way, autoimmune issues often impact the endocrine system, digestive system, and the HPA-axis. This ‘Autoimmune Disease: A Holistic, Empowering Approach’ module explores the multifaceted approach required.
An approach that only takes the immune system and the symptoms of an autoimmune disease into account, is therefore, incomplete.
What you will learn
In this module, Suze Retera will discuss some of the more common autoimmune diseases with a focus on Hashimoto’s and Graves, but also Crohn’s Disease, Diabetes, and Rheumatoid Arthritis. She will offer a broader perspective that goes beyond the management of the symptoms.
You will gain a deeper understanding of the functioning of the immune system, the imbalances behind autoimmunity and the enabling approach of supporting autoimmunity with Yoga Therapy .
Besides theory, you will learn a variety of practices related to lifestyle, diet, and supplementation, that can be used in combination with regular healthcare to support autoimmune diseases. This holistic approach looks at the entire person, both physically and mentally, and offers an empowering approach towards improvement and, in some cases, remission.
In this course you will learn:
- What factors play a role in the development of autoimmunity: genetics, lifestyle, society
- The psychology of autoimmunity
- The relationship between autoimmunity and the gut
- The relationship between autoimmunity and hormones
- The relationship between autoimmunity and stress/the HPA-axis
- Different forms of loss of tolerance: food, chemical, self
- The most common autoimmune issues and the parts of the body they relate to
- Autoimmune diet: when and why to apply it
- Supplementation: the basics, what to look out for and when to refer
- Bloodwork: what is relevant
- How lifestyle can ease or trigger the autoimmune response
- Exercise: what to do and what not to do
- What are realistic expectations and how do you manage them as a Yoga Therapist
- How can we bring it all together in an empowering and effective approach
How to join
If you are a yoga teacher, yoga therapist, dedicated yoga practitioner or a medical professional interested in the practical applications for working with clients affected by autoimmune disease, you can join this module by simply filling up the application form on this page.
If you have any further questions regarding this module you can also contact Kaz Little at [email protected]
1st – 4th December 2021
500 euros excl. 9% VAT *
*European registered companies are excluded from VAT charges.
For further information, please [email protected]