Yoga Therapy Diploma 625 Hours
625 Hours Diploma
Become a certified Yoga Therapist with our exceptional online Yoga Therapy Diploma Course 625-Hours. This comprehensive programme empowers you with the essential knowledge and skills to effectively apply yoga tools within therapeutic settings.
Delve into a combination of biomedical, trauma-informed counselling, and yoga studies, focusing on specialised applications for conditions like reproductive, respiratory, and digestive issues, musculoskeletal injuries, immune system imbalances, and more. Our learning environment fosters both challenge and curiosity while prioritising fun, safety, and inclusivity.
Our online programme
We recommend starting with the Yoga Therapy Foundation 100-Hours. However, our educational methodology allows for flexibility, enabling you to choose other modules and design a personalised programme that suits your needs. We’re here to help you plan and make the process effortless!
- Yoga Therapy Foundation Course 100-Hours 100 Hours
- Safety in Yoga Nidra & Relaxation for Yoga Therapy 12 Hours
- Yoga Therapy Applications of Asana, Pranayama & Restorative Yoga 50 Hours
- Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal Issues & Lower Back Pain Clinic 100-Hours 100 Hours
- Yoga Therapy for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Health Issues 50 Hours
- Yoga Therapy for the Nervous System, Degenerative Disease & Pain Management 50 Hours
- Yoga Therapy for Digestive Issues: The Gut Link 50 Hours
- Yoga Therapy for the Reproductive System, Family Dynamics & the Ageing Process 50 Hours
- Yoga Therapy for Endocrine & Immune System Disorders 50 Hours
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Therapy 35 Hours
- Applied Somatic Counselling for Yoga Therapists 35 Hours
The practice & mentorship:
*Biomedical modules only
How long does it take?
Our 625-hour Diploma Course typically takes around 1.5 years to complete, depending on module planning. We advise allowing ample time to learn, integrate new knowledge, and develop the necessary skills for your future work as a Yoga Therapist.
You can refer to our Programme Calendar to select module dates that suit your preferences. This flexibility enables you to plan your studies according to your personal, holiday, and work schedule.
You can take up to 4 years to complete the programme.
To join this programme, you must meet the following requirements:
Our unique online programme includes:
AM modules CET:
- Morning 9:30 – 13:00
- Break 13:00 – 14:30
- Afternoon 14:30 – 18:00
PM modules CET:
- Afternoon 14:00 – 18:00
- Break 18:00 – 19:00
- Evening 19:00 – 10:00
Our faculty comprises experienced C-IAYT Yoga Therapists with years of teaching and practical experience. You will learn from them through practical classes, real case studies, and active participation with fellow students. Our teachers are available outside of class hours, and you will have a personal mentor for your Case Study work.
We foster a collaborative and educational environment where teachers and students learn from each other. Our school embraces a “guru-free” approach, emphasising the exchange of knowledge and collective growth.
Final Evaluation & Official Diploma
Pay per module so you can spread your budget at no extra cost.
Pay in full and receive a 5% discount off the total price.
Pay in monthly instalments at a little extra cost but with smaller payments each month.
Steps to enrolment
Frequently Asked Questions
The price of the course includes access to all live module lectures, unlimited access to the educational platform, written materials, presentations, full recordings, practice videos, audio files, and assignments. It also includes mentorship and access to the faculty and team for any email support you may need.
The price of the course does not include books from the reading list, yoga mats or props, or any other materials or equipment that may be required for the course.
We offer a variety of discounts and promotions on our Yoga Therapy training courses throughout the year. To see the current discounts and promotions, please visit our promotions page.
Yes, we understand that plans can change, and we have a cancellation policy in place to accommodate that. To ensure clarity and transparency, we have provided detailed information about our Payment & Cancellation Terms.
You can start with the Yoga Therapy Foundation Course 100-Hours, and then choose to schedule the majority of the modules (on the body systems, the mind, and the tools) in any order you like. After that, you’ll be ready to start your practicum.
When all coursework has been completed and case studies submitted, you’ll get to showcase your Yoga Therapy skills and knowledge in the final evaluation.
See “The Journey” above for a visual representation of the module order.
Yes, there is an assessment for each module. The assessments vary in format, but they all serve the same purpose: to help you digest the material and put your knowledge into practice.
Some of the assessments you may encounter include:
- Class practice: You may be asked to practise with the entire class. This is a great way to learn from your peers and to get feedback from your teacher.
- Breakout room practice: You may be asked to practise with a small group of students in a breakout room. This is a great way to get more individualised attention from your teacher.
- Take-home assignments: You may be asked to complete a take-home assignment, such as a written reflection or a case study. This is a great way to demonstrate your understanding of the material and to apply your knowledge to real-world situations.
- End-of-module tests: You may be asked to take an end-of-module test. This is a great way to assess your knowledge of the material and to identify any areas for additional learning.
The assessments are designed to help you learn and grow as a Yoga Therapist. They’re not intended to be stressful or overwhelming. If you have any questions about the assessments, please don’t hesitate to ask us!
You can begin your case studies and mentorship (practicum) when you’ve completed all of the modules of the diploma and are ready to put all the knowledge you’ve gained into practice.
The practicum is a hands-on experience where you work with clients under the supervision of a certified Yoga Therapist. Case studies are an opportunity for you to document your work with clients and reflect on your experiences. Mentorship is a way for you to get support and guidance from a more experienced Yoga Therapist.
No, you won’t have to worry about losing access to your Zoom recordings. You can access them indefinitely, or download them to store on your own device.
The 625-hour course allows you to work as a Yoga Therapist in some European countries such as the Netherlands and the UK, but it won’t give you the international certification with the IAYT.
To get certified with the IAYT, you need to complete at least 800 hours in an accredited Yoga Therapy programme.
The Yoga Therapy Institute’s 875-hour course is accredited by IAYT and fulfils the requirements for the international certification.
The Yoga Therapy Diploma 875-hours has additional requirements compared to the 625-hour course. These include:
- Ayurvedic Healing & Yoga Therapy
- Yoga Therapy for Cancer Patients & People Affected by Cancer
- Ethical, Legal & Business Principles for Yoga Therapy
- Case Study Peer Supervision
- Additional case study hours
- Additional mentorship hours
- Yoga Therapy Final Project
Simply completing one or several modules is not enough to work as a Yoga Therapist. Equally, an advanced, experienced Yoga Teacher Training does not qualify you to work as a Yoga Therapist.
You will need to have completed at least 625 hours with a recognised Yoga Therapy school, or, in some cases, you can only work as a Yoga Therapist when you have an IAYT accredited Yoga Therapy Diploma such as The Yoga Therapy Institute’s 875-hour.
If you want to work in a hospital or medical centre, you may require additional qualifications. When working with clients, students who are still in training should inform all parties involved that they are not yet certified Yoga Therapists.
Still have questions? Reach out to us. We’re always happy to help!