What is the Yoga Therapy Institute?
We are an international platform for Yoga Therapy and Yoga Therapy education and training.
The Yoga Therapy Institute has been founded by Montserrat G.Mukherjee, a highly experienced C-IAYT yoga therapist, and Emile Pochman registered shiatsu and hypnotherapist in the Netherlands.
Together they add up to more than 20 years of hands-on experience, treating clients from all over the world, suffering from a wide range of health conditions.
We also count with an exceptional team of experienced collaborators and professionals. These include medical personnel, Ayurvedic doctors, clinical psychologists and specialised yoga teachers.
A unique mix of yoga tradition, modern yoga therapy, Ayurveda and conventional medicine!
The core of our Yoga Therapy work is based on a few, solid principles:
- Respect, for the person as a whole. Not only his/her health condition but in every aspect as a human being.
- Knowledge. Good intentions are not enough. They have to be supported by wisdom and knowledge. It is important to learn, and have a deep knowledge of health and disease, human psychology and our social environment.
- Safety. Something that is often missing in yoga practice. Respect and knowledge of equal safety. Therefore we create the right surroundings for our clients and students to heal and grow.
- Care. We care for our clients and we train our students to care for others, and to practice self-care. A smile, a cup of tea and a warm welcome can already do so much!
‘At The Yoga Therapy Institute we believe in the healing properties of traditional yoga principles, modern Yoga Therapy, Ayurveda and conventional medicine, adapted to the individual for his/her personal needs”
The Yoga Therapy Institute has two clear missions:
- To continue working with those who are in need and who can benefit from the safe practices of Yoga Therapy. Regardless of their age, gender and social condition.
- To train and educate yoga teachers and medical professionals to become accredited yoga therapists. Following the principles of the IAYT and The Yoga Therapy Institute.
Our students & clients
Some of our clients and students have been coming to us for many years, most of them suffering from a wide range of medical issues, including:
- Lower Back Pain
- Degenerative disease
- Auto-immune disease
- Heart disease
- Herniated disc
- Chronic pain
- Postnatal issues
- Depression and anxiety
- Muscular-skeletal injuries
and many more.
For inspiration, you can read some of the personal testimonials at our students & clients section on this website.
And if you would like to know more about our work, please contact us at [email protected].
We will be happy to help.
Montserrat & Emile